At the Consumer Electonics Show, FlyTunes introduced its new digital music service for the Apple iPhone, Pod Touch and other portable media players and cell phones.
The FlyTunes service offers mobile users a personalized radio-like experience, with thousands of channels of digital music that can be enjoyed anywhere they go, regardless of wireless connection.
FlyTunes outshines satellite radio in a number of ways:
- FlyTunes does not require a receiver or additional hardware purchase; it works with the cell phone or personal media player already in a consumer’s pocket.
- FlyTunes offers access to over 100 times more channels than satellite radio, covering every conceivable musical taste.
- FlyTunes plays everywhere, unlike satellite radio, which does not work inside buildings, or on planes.
- FlyTunes allows users to personalize their music channels. While listening, users can promote favorite songs and flag unwanted ones (never to be played again).
- There are no setup or monthly fees for FlyTunes.
FlyTunes CEO Sam Abadir said that “FlyTunes bridges the massive disconnect that exists between the hundreds
of millions of cell phones and portable media players people already own, and thousands of Internet radio stations that broadcast every type of music they could want.” Abadir continues, “from the user’s perspective, FlyTunes provides an extremely easy-to-use service that allows them to quickly et the music they want and to discover new music.”
FlyTunes allows users to create their own customized music channels by searching over 20,000 Internet radio stations to find music that matches their preferences. Hours of personalized music can be cached to a portable mediaplayer or cell phone and listened to anywhere. Portable devices with 3G capability can quickly cache additional music, greatly reducing battery drain.
FlyTunes Inc. was founded as 2006 by a group of seasoned PC industry veterans to create cutting edge media management technology for portable digital media players.
To learn more, visit the FlyTunes website.