If you’ve ever thought about narrating a Google Presentation similar to doing a voice-over in Microsoft PowerPoint, this tutorial will tell you exactly how to do it. Just follow these five steps.
1. Plan Ahead
Take a few moments to jot down on paper, or in a text document, the outline for your presentation. You can plan out your slides like this:
- Big Idea
- How To Get Started
- Thank You / Contact Information
2. Gather Multimedia
Do you have extra music and sound effects you’d like to add? Perhaps a recording from a conference call or webinar you hosted. Gather all your multimedia into a single project folder. This will help you stay organized.
3. Create Your Presentation
Most presentation software includes pre-built templates, so you don’t have to start from scratch. Templates usually have standard layouts such as a title slide, slide with bullets, slide with just text and so on. For your presentation, customize the template with these tips in mind:
- Your company branding such as colors, branding, website info on each slide
- A headline or title located at the top of the slide
- Have no more than 3 bullets per slide
- Remember, less is more.
- Organize your slides in a logical order and always lead from one idea into the next.
4. Import Your Presentation into Google Drive
Sign-up for Google Docs free or simply add the Google Docs to your Google Account. Within the Google Docs application, select the “Import” option. This tool is surprisingly accurate and graphics look crisp and clean. You may need to adjust the placement of some items in the editor, however for me, this took less than two minutes.
5. Share With Your Friends and Colleagues
Now for the fun part. Sharing your audio-enabled presentation with colleagues or other people within your company.