The Audies, sponsored by the Audio Publishers Association (APA), is the premier awards program in the United States recognizing distinction in audiobooks and spoken word entertainment. Through The Audies award competition, publishers are able to enter audiobook titles in various categories for recognition of achievement.
Today, the finalists for the 2013 Audies were announced. The finalists are as follows:
Finalists in this year’s competition include the following titles:
- Die, Snow White! Die, Damn You!, by Yuri Rasovsky, Narrated by a full cast, Blackstone Audio.
- The Star Angel, by Jerry Robbins, Narrated by Jerry Robbins and The Colonial Radio Players, Brilliance Audio.
- Trouble on His Wings, by L. Ron Hubbard, Narrated by Jennifer Aspen, Bob Caso, RF Daley, Jim Meskimen, Matt Scott, Galaxy Press.
- Swordspoint, by Ellen Kushner, Narrated by Ellen Kushner & Supporting Cast Dion Graham, Katherine Kellgren (Katherine won 3 Audies for Curse of the Blue Tattoo), Robert Fass, Nick Sullivan, Simon Jones, Sam Guncler & Anne Bobby, SueMedia Productions.
- Titanium Rain, Episode One, by Josh Finney, Narrated by a full cast, The AudioComics Company.
- Cronkite, by Douglas Brinkley, Narrated by George Guidall, Harper Audio.
- My Cross to Bear, by Greg Allman and Alan Light, Narrated by Will Patton, Harper Audio.
- Two Rings, by Millie Werber and Eve Keller, Narrated by Yelena Shmulenson; introduction read by Eve Keller, HighBridge.
- Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey, by The Countess of Carnarvon, Narrated by Wanda McCaddon, Tantor Media.
- The Seamstress, by Bernstein, Sara Tuvel; Thornton, Louise Loots; Samuels, Marlene Bernstein, Narrated by Wanda McCaddon.
- A Capitalism for the People, by Luigi Zingales, Narrated by Jonathan Davis, Audible Inc.
- The Personal MBA, by Josh Kaufman, Narrated by Josh Kaufman, Audible Inc.
- Great on The Job, by Jodi Glickman, Narrated by Tanya Eby, Brilliance Audio.
- Inside Apple, by Adam Lashinsky, Narrated by Adam Lashinsky, Hachette Audio.
- Spy The Lie, by Philip Houston, Michael Floyd, Susan Carnicero, Don Tennant, Narrated by Fred Berman, Macmillan Audio.
Finalists are selected and, from that group of finalists, one winner is awarded. Finalists will be notified in March 2013, and showcased on the APA website, to the press, and in APA materials. Winners will be recognized at the exciting Audies gala in New York City on May 30, 2013.
Two special awards highlight outstanding achievements: The Distinguished Achievement in Production Award goes to an audiobook that demonstrates excellence in all areas of production, while the Audiobook of the Year recognizes the audiobook that, through quality, innovation, marketing and sales, has had the most significant impact on the industry. Separate Calls for Entries will go out for these awards in September and the recipients will be announced at the 2013 Audies Gala.